CBS Films allows you to enjoy content and features on CBS Films Web Sites without directly providing any contact information.
- If you choose to share contact information with us, CBS Films will identify any options you have for controlling the use of this information at the time it is collected.
- You are also given the opportunity to opt out of commercial email or text messages from a particular CBS Films Web Site or service by following the instructions contained in any such message.
- You have choices about the collection and use of your data by third parties to deliver relevant advertising, as described in our overview of third-party online advertising.
CBS Films allows you to update or disable the contact information you have provided through our Web Sites.
CBS Films has adopted commercially reasonable information security policies and practices to help protect your information.
CBS Films responds to user inquiries, participates in industry programs, and has adopted privacy practices that are consistent with applicable country, state, and local data protection laws.
We collect a variety of information about you, including:
- Information you provide directly to a CBS Films Web Site.
- Information about your computer and browsing activities on the Web Sites, including through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies.
- Information about you from other sources where permitted by law.
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide the services you request.
- Tell you about offers we think you will value.
- Customize the content and advertising you see.
- Improve your experience on CBS Films Web Sites.
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or with your consent.
We may share your information:
- Where we have obtained your consent.
- With our third-party service providers.
- With business partners who sponsor a sweepstakes, contest, or promotion; or who jointly offer a service or feature with a CBS Films Web Site.
- Within the family of CBS Films Web Sites, CBS Interactive Web Sites and other CBS businesses.
- If a CBS Films Web Site is sold to another company.
- To protect or defend the rights of CBS Films or our users.
- When required by law or public authorities.
- If you choose to share contact information with us, you will have the opportunity to update that information.
- You can stop the delivery of commercial email messages from a CBS Films Web Site or service by following the instructions in any such email you receive.
- You have choices about the collection and use of your information by third parties to display relevant advertisements, as described in our overview of third-party online advertising.
- CBS Films is committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.
- We have adopted commercially reasonable procedures to help protect your information, but please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Effective Date: November 23, 2009
You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit a CBS Films Web Site. CBS Films Web Sites may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact the Web Site:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, facsimile number, and mobile number;
- User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
- Age and date of birth;
- Other demographic information, such as gender, job information, and zip code;
- Information for a public profile, such as your interests and the address of your web site;
- Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
- Search queries;
- In limited circumstances, payment and identity verification information, such as credit card number, social security number or comparable national identifiers, and driver's license number where needed for payment or to access a particular service (e.g., contests);
- Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend to a particular site or service (note: such information is used solely to facilitate the communications requested);
- Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- Correspondence you send to us; and
- Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile, mail, or in person for sweepstakes entrance forms).
CBS Films Web Sites may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting a CBS Films Web Site;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within CBS Films Web Sites;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with video content, such as the type of content viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer; and
- Standard server log information.
We may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices, third-party services, and embedded video players), from co-branded partners, and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- If you access third-party services (such as Facebook Connect) through a CBS Films Web Site, your username and password for those services and other information available about you on those services;
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
- Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the CBS Films Web Sites and CBS Interactive Web Sites.
We only use payment and identity verification information, such as credit card numbers, driver's license numbers, social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service (e.g., paid subscriptions or awarding prizes to contest winners) or as otherwise required by law.
We generally use other information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters, authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
- Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards;
- Provide you with special offers and promotional materials on behalf of CBS Films Web Sites, CBS Interactive Web Sites, companies within our corporate family, and third parties, in accordance with applicable law;
- Analyze the use of CBS Films Web Sites and information about visitors to our Web Sites to understand and improve our service offerings;
- Customize the content you see when you visit a CBS Films Web Site;
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, as described in our overview of CBS Films online advertising;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
CBS Films is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
- With your consent. You may be asked to consent to have your contact information shared with third-party business partners.
- Authorized third-party service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your contact information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
- Sweepstakes, contests, or promotions. When you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to sponsors and third parties who help administer the promotion, including in connection with winner selection and prize fulfillment. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Also, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing the sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law.
- CBS Films Web Sites, CBS Interactive Web Sites and other CBS businesses. We may share information we collect about you within the family of CBS Films Web Sites, CBS Interactive Web Sites, and with CBS Corporation, our parent company, and other CBS-affiliated companies, so we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a CBS Films Web Site, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations.
Please note that we may share information with advertisers as described in our overview of CBS Films online advertising. We also may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, including to help us develop content and services we hope you will find of interest. This information cannot be used to individually identify you.
You can choose to enjoy content and features on CBS Films Web Sites without directly providing us with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may automatically be collected or may be requested so you can take advantage of certain features and services offered on CBS Films Web Sites.
You can opt out of receiving commercial email or text messages from a particular CBS Films Web Site or service by following the instructions contained in any such message. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we still may need to send you communications relating to your use of the CBS Films Web Sites, such as service announcements.
You have a choice about the display of relevant advertisements by third parties; for more information, visit our overview of third-party online advertising.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may have the opportunity to update that information on a CBS Films Web Site. You also may update or amend your information by contacting us. If you ask us to shut down your account or delete your information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using CBS Films Web Sites but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's web site for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
CBS Films is headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of the CBS Films Web Sites may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to United States law. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using and participating in any CBS Films Web Site or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which a CBS Films Web Site has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the body of your request and include the name of the CBS Films Web Site with respect to which you are requesting the information, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
CBS Films Inc.
235 Second Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Attn: Legal Department
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.
Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored in separate files within your computer's Internet browser. Cookies are accessed and recorded by the web sites you visit, and by the companies that show advertisements on web sites, so they can recognize the same browser navigating online.
-To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting one of our Web Sites. For example, if you register on a CBS Films Web Site, the Web Site may save your password, so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit.
-To help us customize the content and advertisements you are shown while visiting CBS Films Web Sites and potentially other web sites online. Please read about our online advertising to learn more about our efforts to show you relevant advertising.
-To help measure and research the effectiveness of our interactive online content, features, advertisements, and other communications.
You have the choice to set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you whether to allow us or third parties to send you cookies, but if you block cookies, you may not be able to view or access some or all of a CBS Films Web Site.
We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and similar technologies, to track your use of the CBS Films Web Sites. Web beacons (sometimes called transparent GIFs, clear GIFs, or web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a way for us to deliver a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed.
We use web beacons to improve your experience on our Web Sites, including to provide you with content customized to your interests and to understand whether users read email messages and click on links contained within those messages so that we can deliver relevant content and offers. Our web beacons may collect some contact information (for example, the email address associated with an email message that contains a web beacon).
CBS Films Web Sites also may include third-party web beacons so that these third parties may receive auditing, research, and reporting information about advertisements viewed on the CBS Films Web Sites. Third parties do not have access to your contact information in connection with their use of web beacons.
Certain mobile devices contain unique identifiers that can be used, for example, to identify the physical location of such devices. Mobile devices also typically transmit caller ID data when used to transmit a telephone call or text message. CBS Films Web Sites may collect, use, transmit, process and maintain unique identifiers, caller ID data, location-based data, and similar information when you rely on mobile devices, including to provide the services you request, tell you about offers we think you will value, and improve your experience on CBS Films Web Sites. CBS Films Web Sites also may require collection of your mobile phone number in order for you to participate in certain services or features and that number may be associated with such information.
We also may receive information from third parties about you and your activities on other sites for the purpose of serving relevant advertisements to you on CBS Films Web Sites. For example, if you access an article on a third-party site about computers, we may use that information to serve you with a computer-related advertisement on a CBS Films Web Site.
Please note that we may share information about our users with advertisers so that they can measure the effectiveness of advertisements viewed on the CBS Films Web Sites. For example, we may tell advertisers the number of users who clicked on a particular advertisement.
These online advertising efforts across CBS Films Web Sites do not result in you seeing more advertisements, just more relevant advertising, and they allow us to provide you with free content and services on our Web Sites. We hope you value our efforts to show you content and advertising that more closely reflects your interests.
Some of the advertisements you see on CBS Films Web Sites are delivered by third parties. To learn more, please read about third-party online advertising.
Some of the advertisements you see on CBS Films Web Sites are delivered by third parties who also collect information through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies about your online activities, either on our Web Sites or across the Internet, in an effort to understand your interests and deliver you advertisements that are tailored to your interests. These third parties include advertisers, advertising agencies, and ad networks that may collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements.
Please note that if you choose to opt out of having your information used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, you will continue to see advertisements on our Web Sites, but these advertisements may not be as relevant to you.
For more information about relevant advertisements delivered by CBS Films, please read about CBS Films online advertising.
Children can enjoy content and features on CBS Films Web Sites without directly providing contact information. However, children who wish to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and certain other special activities may need to provide information such as first name, user name, password, email address, date of birth, city and state of residence, and gender.
If we collect, use, or disclose contact information collected from a child, we will provide notice and obtain parental consent in accordance with applicable law.
We do not condition a child's participation in an online activity on the child's providing more contact information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
We use the information we collect consistent with the services requested by the child. For example, we may use information provided by the child to:
- Send a newsletter, electronic card, and other communication requested by the child;
- Enable a child's participation in certain interactive features such as games, contests, message boards, chat rooms, song requests, and online scrolling tickers; and
- Respond to correspondence sent by the child.
In addition, we may use a parent's contact information to communicate with the parent regarding the child's activities on CBS Films Web Sites. For example, if a child wins a sweepstakes or contest, we may use the parent's contact information to conduct prize fulfillment.
Parents may review the contact information we have collected from their child, refuse to permit us to collect further contact information from their child, and request that any contact information we have collected be deleted from our records. Parents may also correct factual inaccuracies.
To review, update, or delete your child's contact information, please contact us. You may also send your request to the postal address listed below. To protect your child's safety, we ask for proof of your identification. We may deny access if we believe there is a question about your identity.
Certain information cannot be deleted because of other legal obligations.
If you need further assistance, please contact us. If you would prefer to submit your questions or comments by mail, please send a letter to the address below:
CBS Films Inc.
235 Second Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Attn: Legal Department